Dear PIIN Members and Supporters,
You have probably heard that there is a snow storm coming. We want to reassure you that snow or no snow- we march together on March 3!
Every effort is being made to keep participants in the action as warm and comfortable as possible. Instead of Freedom Corner, we are meeting inside St. Benedict the Moor Catholic Church at 10:30am.
Downtown there will be warming stations and indoor facilities available to you.
Church vans will be provided for those who wish to march with us who have mobility concerns.
Please dress for the weather!
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED. Please arrive at 9:30am at St. Benedict the Moor Church to help with set, marshalling the march route, and registration.
Action Check List for March 3:
- Will this be announced at your service this weekend?
- Arrange to meet at your congregation and carpool to Freedom Corner together- parking will be extremely limited! Carpooling will also make it into a congregational activity
- Can your congregation provide a van? Consider picking up members of your congregation to take them to the action
- Bring Your Congregation’s Banner!
- Bring noise-makers! Drums, maracas, kazoos, etc. Have fun with it!
- Bring your own creative signs!
- CALL and personally invite members of your congregation, family and friends
- Host a congregational phone-bank and sign making party this weekend if you haven’t already
- We need as MANY PEOPLE as possible out on March 3! Sky is the limit!
- Sign up volunteers to come at 9:30am
Our work isn’t done yet, please join us as we continue to fight for living wage jobs for those who work for Pittsburgh’s largest employer.
Faith Communities March & Caravan to UPMC to Support Workers
Monday, March 3
Meet at 10:30 AM for Program, 9:30am for volunteers
St. Benedict the Moor Church, 91 Crawford St.
Leave Freedom Corner & March to UPMC: 11:00 AM
Interfaith Lunch at UPMC, 600 Grant St.: Noon
Rally, Activities & Dinner All Day at UPMC
Bring your church van for those who choose not to march
Pennsylvania Interfaith Impact Network
564 Forbes Avenue, Suite 808, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: 412.621.9230 Fax: 412.621.1057